Thursday, August 9, 2012

Start-up Nation

And here I am, raving about my book of the year so far. It's called "Start-up Nation", a 2009 book by Saul Singer and Dan Senor. Its the sort of book you itch to continue reading, the sort of book where every distraction is met with an irritated stare at the source of the distraction.
However, I won't spend all my online ink on praise about this story, I ll rather encourage every entrepreneur (both aspiring and practising), every business leader, and any individual who wants to make a difference in his/her sphere to read that book. Its a story about the economic miracle of Israel, how a little country has constantly defied all odds to be a success story, and an example to other nations.
I love success stories, we all do. We love the idea of an example to use during history classes, or when we exhort our followers/employees/countrymen.We need to take a cue from this book, from the little nation called Israel, and unleash an unstoppable force of innovation across this beleaguered country of ours, instead of bitching about how bad our country "Nigeria" is.
That's my two cents, what's yours?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More